Care First 24 are currently seeking a Paediatric Clinical Lead for our paediatric packages of care. You will be joining our Paediatric Manager in building our Paediatric service and a supportive clinical team who currently work with adult and mental health service users who require complex care. You will be supported by our inhouse Clinical Team as well as experienced Complex Care Coordinators in delivering a solid care experience for our children requiring complex care and their families involved.
Care First 24 are a complex care provider for both physical and mental health needs across the UK and support those with PHB’s, CHC funded, case management as well as private clients. We work with all ages and all types of care. We understand that healthcare can bring with it a lot of emotions, and many of our clients are going through some of the most trying times of their lives. We provide kind, compassionate, and patient support that ensures our client feels comfortable and safe in our care. We provide tailored care and support. In high-pressure situations, we strive to be a calming force that can make a positive difference.
Main Purpose of Role:
· To positively support the Clinical Manager and Registered Manager in providing leadership to the care and support staff.
· To have clinical accountability for complex care customers on their caseload in the community, supported by Care First 24.
· To oversee the placing of the right staff to the right complex care service user, to deliver a professional and safe service, incorporating Care First 24 Homecare’s policy on Patient Safety and Risk Management.
· To ensure complex care service users receive evidence based, supervised nursing care.
· To train and develop carers and nurses working within the complex care packages or facilitate training in accordance with local contracts.
· To assess service user’s needs, manage risks and devise individual holistic and detailed electronic care plans that are regularly evaluated.
· To ensure that all safeguarding issues are escalated as per our safeguarding policy.
· To contribute to a regional or local on-call rota and cover for colleagues.
· Developing relationships throughout the multi-disciplinary teams in which they work.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· To act in a professional manner and adhere to the NMC code.
· To adhere to Care First 24’s policies and procedures.
· Ensure all carers have the relevant, up to date documentation to complete essential patient recordkeeping.
· Complete an initial assessment of each service user, to ensure all clinical needs can be met.
· Write risk assessments according to the needs of each individual service user.
· Ensure medication is being administered, according to Care First 24’s procedures.
· Meet with any new carers/nurses at the earliest opportunity, ensuring they have had an induction and are safe to practice care.
· Ensure carers/nurses respond quickly and efficiently to emergencies.
· Ensure carers/nurses have sufficient PPE and are aware of how to dispose of PPE correctly.
· Complete regular carers/nurses appraisals.
· Ensure feedback is obtained from each service user/ family to improve the service.
· Ensure safe practices are always observed.
· Contribute to external regulatory and compliance inspections.
– Provide clinical leadership and guidance to the nursing staff
– Conduct assessments and develop individualised treatment plans for patients
– Monitor and evaluate patient progress and adjust treatment plans as needed
– Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members to ensure comprehensive care for patients
– Provide support to patients
– Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records
– Strong clinical knowledge and expertise in paediatric nursing
– Excellent leadership and communication skills
– Ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care
– Proficiency in medication administration
– Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
This position requires a valid nursing license and a minimum of 2 years of experience in paediatric nursing. The successful candidate will have a passion for providing high-quality care to patients with paediatric patients.
If you are a compassionate and dedicated nurse looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals struggling with illnesses, we encourage you to apply. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for professional growth within our organisation.
To apply, please submit your CV to [email protected] cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £45,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Free parking
- Gym membership
- Health & wellbeing programme
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Yearly bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brasted, Kent: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Nursing: 3 years (required)
- NMC (required)